Have you ever said that Medicare didn't ask your opinion before they made some rule that doesn't make any sense? I know I have.
Here's your chance to tell CMS what you think. The home health CY 2017 Proposed Rule is available and awaiting your comment. Actually, you can't comment until after Tuesday, July 5, when it officially posts to the Federal Register. But you can download a PDF now of the advance copy.
CMS distributed, in its June 30, 2016 MLN Connects Provider eNews the information below:
- Proposed changes include:
- Rebasing the 60-day episode rate
- Updates to reflect case-mix growth
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- HH Value-Based Purchasing Model
- Four measures for the CY 2018 payment determination to meet the requirements of the Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation Act of 2014 (IMPACT Act).
- Three of these measures are resource-based and calculated using Medicare claims.
- The fourth measure is assessment-based and is calculated using Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) data.
- Proposed measures:
- All-condition risk-adjusted potentially preventable hospital readmission rates
- Total estimated Medicare spending per beneficiary
- Discharge to the community
- Medication reconciliation